From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
By Swami Harshananda
Sometimes transliterated as: Divyabhava, DivyabhAva, Divyabhaava
Divyabhāva literally means ‘divine disposition’.
Roots of Divyabhāva
Characteristics of Divyabhāva Followers
- The sādhakas with the divyabhāva are highly sāttvik by nature.
- They keep themselves meticulously clean, wear clean clothes and the the rudrākṣa beads.
- They display religious marks like Tripuṇḍra, Bhasma, Vibhuti.
- They perform their religious rites like sandhyā, japa and pujā with faith and devotion.
- They are well-versed in the Vedas and the scriptures of their cults.
- They always speak the truth and keep the highest standards of morality and ethics.
- They constantly strive for the attainment of devatābhāva or divine identity.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore