By Swami Harshananda
Sometimes transliterated as: Hemadri, HemAdri, Hemaadri
Purāṇas and dharmaśāstras have played a very important part in molding society. Hemādri (13th Century A.D.) is one of the most prolific writers of the dharmaśāstra literature. His Caturvarga-cintāmani has been considered as a classic.
His other works are:
- Ayurvedarasāyana - a commentary on the Astāñgahrdaya of Vāgbhaṭa
- A commentary on the Raghuvamśa of Kālidāsa
- A commentary on Saunaka’s Pranavakalpa
- It is modern Daulatabad in Maharashtra.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore