Ideals and Values/Taking Care of your Books and other Study Materials
Why Should we take care of our Books?
We believe that books are gift of Devi Sarasvati. We become wise and intelligent when we study books under the guidance of a teacher. If we take care of our books, Devi Sarasvati is happy with us. But if we do not take care of our books, we make her unhappy. Let us see now how a good kid makes Sarasvati happy and how a bad kid makes Sarasvati unhappy.
Traditions on Respecting our Books & Other Study materials
We follow these rules to take care of our books and show our respect towards them:
- We should never place books on the floor. We should always keep them in a bag, on a table or on a shelf.
- If we accidentally touch a book with our foot, we should pick it up and then touch the book with our head.
- If we do not need a book, we should donate it to a library or a Mandir or we can recycle the book. But never throw it in trash.
- Always touch books with clean hands. Never touch books if your hands are dirty.
- Orderliness: Organize your study area and study materials and keep them clean and in their place. Do your study assignments neatly and thoroughly.