Modern Hindu Warcries
There are several chants or slogans that devouts chant. Several of these are used by Hindus in the Indian army. In addition there are also many Indian Army regiments which chant "Har Har Mahadev", which has been used by many Hindu defenders in the past such as Chhatrapati and Prithviraj Chauhan.
- The Dogras, with 18 battalions, chant "Jwālā Mātā Ki Jai". Incidentally, the present Army Chief is the first Dogra officer of this regiment with glorious history.
- The 19 Battalions of Jammu & Kashmir Rifles start war with the chorus "Durgā Mātā Ki Jai".
- For the 14 Battalions of Jammu & Kashmir Light Infantry and the two Battalions of Ladakh Scouts, the mantra is "Bharat Mātā Ki Jai".
- The Ladakh Scout chant "Bharat Mātā Ki Jai". [Victory to Mother India] and "Ki ki so so Lhargyalo" ("Victory to God".)
- For the 18-battalion Garhwalis, the war cry had to be "Badri Vishal Lal Ki Jai" ("Victory to the Great Lord Badri Nath").
- The 19 battalions of Kumaon Regiment, which produced three Army Chiefs (Srinagesh, Thimayya and Raina) has four battle cries: "Kalikā Mātā Ki Jai", "Bajrang Bali Ki Jai", "Dādā Kishan Ki Jai" and "Jai Durge Naga" meant for the 1st and 2nd Nāgā Regiment attached to the Kumaonis in their regimental training center.
- The battle cries of the Bihar Regiment, consisting of 17 battalions, are "Jai Bajrang Bali" ("Victory to Lord Hanuman")
- For Bihari Bisraites, "Birsa Munda Ki Jai" ("Victory to Birsa Munda"). The latter war cry, obviously, is resorted to by the sizeable number of soldiers recruited from the tribal belts of Jharkhand and Chhota Nagpur regions.
- For the 19-strong battalions of the Rajputana Rifles, its war cries are: "Raja Ram Chandra Ki Jai" ("Victory to Raja Ram Chandra") chanted by the Rajput, Kshatriya and Thakur soldiers.
- For the 19 battalions of the Rajput Regiment which consist of Rajput, Muslim, Bengali, Oriya, Gujar and Ahir (Yadav) soldiers, the battle cry is "Bol Bajrang Bali Ki Jai" ("Say Victory to Lord Hanuman")".
- For the Punjabi Regiment mainstream Hindus, "Bol Jwala Ma Ki Jai" ("Say Victory to Goddess Jwala.")
- The Jat Regiment chant "Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!"
- The famous Gorkha war cry is universally known as "Jai Mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali" ("Victory to Mahakali, The Gorkhas are here").
- The 11 Gorkha Rifles, starts its battle with "Jai Mahakali".
- The Naga Regiment chant "Jai Durga Naga" (Hail Durga Naga.)
- The Nepalese Gurkha war cry to this day is "Guru Gorakhnath ki jai".