Sri Rama Keerthanam(Malayalam)
Sri Rama Keerthanam(Malayalam)
(This is a prayer narrating the story of Rama in very simple words. Yet another similar prayer ending with Ramanarayana has been translated by me earlier(www.celextel.org/stotras/vishnu/ramanarayanasthuthi.html ) )
Refrain (to be repeated at the end of every stanza)
Rama Hare Jaya , Rama Hare Jaya, Rama Hare Jara, Rama Hare Jaya
1. Sri Rama Govinda Narayanananda,, Sithapathe Jaya Rama Hare.
Oh Vishnu , Oh Rama, Oh Narayana the giver of joy,
Oh consort of Sita, Oh Vishnu, Oh Rama , victory to you,
2. Suryakulathil Dasarathan thannude , Soonuvayoru , Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu who was born in clan of Sun,
And was born as the son of king Dasaratha.
3. Lakshmana poorvaja , Lakshmi niketana, Paksheendra vahana Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who was the elder brother of Lakshmana,
The place where Goddess Lakshmi stays and one who rides on king of birds.
4. Thadakaya kola cheytha , maha muni , THapam kalanjoru Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu who killed Thadaga and solved,
The problems of the great sage.
5. Kousiga yagam vazhi pole palanam , Cheytharulledunna Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who protected properly,
The yaga conducted by sage Viswamithra.
6. Kalyanam kanuvaan Mamuni yodu ma, Janaka puram pukka Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnum, who went along with great sage,
And entered the city of King Janaka
7. Villu mrippan yeluthallennayaho, Mannavarkellam Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, alas , it became impossible,
For all the kings to break the bow.
8. Villu kulachu videha kumariye, Kalyanam cheytha Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who twanged the bow ,
And married the daughter of Videha janaka.
9. Margam thadanjoru , Bhargava Ramane, Nirgarvanalliya, Rama Hare.
10. Thambimaarodum, tharunimaarodum, Thal pure vanoru , Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who lived in that town,
Along with his younger brothers and the ladies.
11. Jathadharam guru sasana karanaal, Rajyam vedinjoru, Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who gave up the kingdom,
Due to the order of his elders with respect.
12. Kantha sahodararodu orumichu, Kanthare vanoru Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who along with his wife and brother,
Lived in the forest along with them.
13. Dandaka kananam pukku viradhane, Gandanam cheythoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who entered the Dandaka forest,
And cut the head of Viradha.
14. Bangam vinaa sara banga muneendrannu, Mangalam nalgiya, Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who without any problems \
Gave blessings, to the sage Sara Bhanga
15. Kumbhodbhavanaam Agasthyane kankayal, Sampreethanayoru , Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who seeing Agasthya born in a pot,
And became his very dear one.
16. Godavari thatam thannil thapam cheytha, Modhena vanoru , Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who did meditation,
In the banks of Godavari with happiness.
17. Soorpanakha kucha nasika chedhaka, Sooranujagraja Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who was the elder brother ,
Of a valorous younger one who cut the nose and bust of Soorpanakha.
18. Roshandharaam Khara dhooshananmarude, Soshanam cheythoru Rama Hare,
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who killed Khara, Dhooshana
And others who were blind with anger.
19. Dukhamul kondaval Ravanan thannodu, Varthayaseshavum, Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, The sorrowing lady,
Informed this news to Lord Ravana,
20. Chonnathu nerathu Ravanan modhena, Mareechan thannodu, Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, That Ravana immediately,
Told about this to Mareecha.
21. Ponmanay vannoru marechanakshanam, Moksham koduthoru Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,Who gave salvation immediately,
To Mareecha who came as a golden deer.
22. Ravana vanchithayakiya Seethaye, Marganam cheythoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, Ravana deceived Sita,
And kidnapped her.
23. Grudhranum, pinne ya kabandhanum mokshathe , Sathwaram nalkiya Rama Hare.
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,Who gave immediately salvation,
To the hawk as well as Kabanda.
24. Chilkadalakiya Sitaye kananju, Dukham kalarnnoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who became affected by soirrow,
At not being able to see the loving Sita.
25. Pamba kadannu Hanumane kankayal, Sampreethanayoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,Who became consoled,
When he saw Hanuman after crossing Pamba river.
26. Sugreeva sakhyavum cheythudan baliye, Nigrahacheedina Rama Hari
27. Janaki marganam cheyvan Hanumane, manichayachoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who sent Hanuman,
To search for Sita after recognizing him.
28. Vairi purathe dahipichu vannoru, Maruthiye kandoru Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who saw Hanuman,
After he came after burning the town of the enemy.
29. Varidhiyil chira ketti kadannoru , Varija lochasna Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,Oh lotus eyed one,
Who built a dam across the sea and crossed.
30. Banangal kondu nisa chararanmarude, Pranangal vennoru , Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who took the souls ,
Of the asuras using your arrows.
31. Ravanane kola cheythu jagathrayam, Palicharulina Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, who saved the three worlds,
By killing the Ravana.
32. Pinne vibheeshanan Rajayabhishekathe, Sadhipicheedina Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,who made it possible,
Later to perform crowning of Vibheeshana.
33. Sri DEviyagunna seethayodum, Nija sodharanmarodum kapigalodum
34. Kruburendranodum koodi manohara, Pushpakamaruhya devanmaral,
35. Mukthangalakiya kalpaka pookalal, Modhithanayittu Ayodhya puram,
36. Prapichu Bhjaktha janagrahathinnay, Deepichabhishekam poondu ajasram,
37. Sarva lokananda roopanay vanoru, Sarvalokeswara Ramachandra
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu,Along with Sita who is Lakshmi,
And Lakshmana as well as monkeys
And along with king of asuras, you traveled,
In the pretty Pushpaka Vimana,
With flower of Pushpaka trees being showered by the devas,
You Reached the blessed city of Ayodhya ,
And as per the desire of his devotees,
You underwent the coronation ceremony,
And lived as personification of the joy of the world,
Oh Ramachandra who is lord of all the worlds.
38. Viswam jayichulla keerthi valarthuan , Aswamedham kazhicha vannam,
39. Bhoomi pilarnnathil Veenu marnjoru, Thar Magal seethaye kandavane,
You who performed Aswamedha sacrifice,
For getting the fame of winning the entire world,
And saw Sita the daughter of earth,
Vanishing in the opened crevice of the earth.
39. Maya muniyodu mandham samayathe , Mayam vedinju paranjaavane
You who told the sage of illusion,
That the time id ripe to leave away the illusion.
40. Thannudesevaganmarodum vaikathe , Vaikunda lokam Gamichavane
You who went to your world of Vaikunda,
Along with all your servants.
41. Pannaga thalpe parama sukhathodum, Parathe palli kollunna nadha
Oh Lord who along with great pleasure ,
On the top of the snake.
42. Gora duritha daridrya bhayangale , Dhoore yagathanam Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, please remove to far away places,
The fear of poverty which is terrible and painful.
43. Paril vasippan sukha marulidenam, Parathe pinne para gathiyum,
44. Narayananda Vishno Maheswara, Nadha janardhana Rama Hare
Oh Rama, Oh Vishnu, Oh Lord Janardhana,
Oh Vishnu who is pleasure to the eye, Oh God of all,
Please make the life in this earth happy,
And later help me to get salvation.
45. yee Sthuthi bhakthyaiva chollum janagalkku, Bhakthiyum mukthiyum sambavikkum,
Those who tell this prayer with devotion,
Will be blessed with devotion and later with salvation.