Difference between revisions of "Ṛc, ṛk"
From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
Revision as of 12:28, 27 December 2015
By Swami Harshananda
Sometimes transliterated as: Rc, rk, Rc, Rk, RRic, rrik
- Ṛc, ṛk is a mantra of the Rgveda.
- It is generally defined as a stanza set to metrical norms and conveying some definite meaning.
- Pādas and mātrās are the regulating principles.
- Pādas means lines.
- Mātrās means syllabic instants.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore