From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
Revision as of 16:57, 19 December 2016 by 127.0.0.1 (Links to existing pages added by LinkTitles bot.)
By Swami Harshananda
Sometimes transliterated as: Rc, rk, Rc, Rk, RRic, rrik
- Ṛc, ṛk is a mantra of the Rgveda.
- It is generally defined as a stanza set to metrical norms and conveying some definite meaning.
- Pādas and mātrās are the regulating principles.
- Pādas means lines.
- Mātrās means syllabic instants.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore