- not restricted, unbound; unrestrained.
- unstoppable, one who cannot be opposed.
- the son of Pradyumna and the grandson of Kŗşņa; a Jaina arhat who was a contemporary of the Buddha.
Aniruddha was the son of Pradyumna and grandson of Kṛṣṇa. Uṣā, the daughter of Bāṇāsura, fell in love with him and got him magically transported to her palace. Though Bāṇāsura discovered it and tried his best to destroy him, he did not succeed. Ultimately Aniruddha and Uṣā were married.
- J. S. Koşa
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore
- Aniruddha by Jit Majumdar