From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
Revision as of 23:13, 16 December 2016 by 127.0.0.1 (Links to existing pages added by LinkTitles bot.)
By M. A. Alwar
Sometimes transliterated as: Illisah, IllIZaH, Illishah
Illīśaḥ is a type of fish.
Illīśaḥ is a masculine form.
Perspectives of Rishis
As per Rājavallabha and Rājanirghaṅṭa
They describe the characteristics of the fish as follows:
- It increases bile, phlegm and digestive fire.
- It is sweet and agreeable.
As per Bhāvaprakāśa
According to him:
- Illīśa is sweet, oily and bright.
- It increases the (digestive) fire, creates bile and phlegm.
- It is a light aphrodisiac which removes flatulence.
- As per Trikāṇḍaśeṣaḥ
- As per Śabdaratnāvalī
- Shabdakalpadrumah by Raja Radhakantdev, Varadaprasada Vasu, Haricarana Vasu