By Swami Harshananda
Sometimes transliterated as: Krtayuga, KRtayuga, Krritayuga
The Kṛtayuga is also called ‘Satyayuga’. It is spread over 4800 years of the gods or 17,28,000 human years. It is supposed to begin on that day when Ravi (the sun), Candra (thse moon) and Bṛhaspati or Guru (the jupiter) meet in the nakṣatra or asterism of Puṣya.
Life in Kṛtayuga
- People are well-fed, well-clothed, ever satisfied and happy.
- They are always rooted in dharma and never swerve from it.
- Members of the four varṇas are ever devoted to their vocations.
- There is perfect harmony in the society.
- Gamma, delta, theta cancri
- Dharma is conceived of as a bull here.
- The Concise Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Swami Harshananda, Ram Krishna Math, Bangalore