User:VR Prabodhachandran Nayar
From Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
- MA (Malayalam Language & Literature ) 1959 With First Class and First Rank from the University of Kerala, the only University in the State at that time.
- PhD (The First Descriptive Grammar of the Malayalam Language )1967 The first PhD degree awarded by the Univ of Kerala in Malayalam Studies.
- PhD (London) 1970 Phonetics & Phonology of Malayalam, supported by experimental findings in Spectrography, Kymography, Mingography and Palatography.
- Visiting Professor, Sri Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady.
- Chairman, Samskriti, a multinational organization promoting Kerala Culture
- Chairman, Vivekananda Cultural Institute, Thiruvananthapuram
- Chairman, Thunchan Smaarakam, Thiruvananthapuram
- Chairman, Ezhuthacchan National Academy, Thiruvannthapuram
- Chairman, Editorial Board, Kilippaattu Monthly, Thiruvananthapuram
- Expert Member of the Audition Committee for Kathakali Music, constituted by the All India Radio
- Visiting Faculty, Institute of Management in Government, Thiruvannatapuram
- Chairman, Keralakalamandalam (The State Academy of Performing Arts)
- Chair, Linguistics; Dean Faculty of Oriental Studies; Director International Center for Kerala Studies, Univ of Kerala
- Chairman, Committee for Standardizing the Script in Malayalam, Govt. of Kerala.
- Visiting Professor, School of Letters, Mahatma Gandhi Univ, Kottayam and severa Universities in the US
- Convener, Calicut University Commission
- Co-ordinator, Summer Program in Kerala of the Wisconsin University, Madison, USA
- Expert Member of the Projects Review & Steering Committee constituted by the Dept of Information & Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Govt of India
- Expert Member, Advisory Committee for the Kootiyaattam Kendra of the Central Samgit Natak Akademy
- Consultant in Linguistics, Center for Advanced Computing, Center for Digital Imaging Technology (CDiT), Thiruvannathapuram
- Member, Advisory Committees for Centers of Advanced Study in Linguistics, Annamalai Univ., Osmia Univ., Dept of Malayalam Lexicon, Institute of Oriental Research and Mss Library
- Visiting Faculty, Aakaasavaani, Thiruvannathapuram and Academic Staff Colleges in Thiruvananthapuram, Calicut, Annamalainagar, Madurai and Coimbatore.
- Dozens of books and hundreds of technical papers as well as popular articles published in English or Malayalam on topics including Linguistics, Phonetics, performing arts, philosophy and religion, which appeared in regional, national and international journals.
- Dr K Godavarma Gold Medal 1959
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Post-Doctoral research at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London 1967
- IC Chacko Award of the Kerala Sahitya Akademy, for the best book in Science Literature 1981
- CL Antony Award of the Trissur Sahridaya vedi 1998
- MKK Nayar Award of the MKK Nayar Memorial Institute of Culture, Pakalkuri, 2002